YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Blue screen crash Options
waterman480
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:57:00 PM

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

I had tried Nuno awhile ago, but my trial expired before I could give it a good workout. Now I have just installed Windows 7 , so thought I would give Nuno a workout, as I will be on the water.

Unfortunately, Nuno causes a blue screen crash shortly after starting. It is my guess that it occurs when looking for the com port. There is only one - Com 11, which is a keyspan H19S connected to an AIS input at 38400. There also is a COM 3 modem port.

The port works normally when I use Coastal Explorer and Polar Navy. The auto port find function works well with both those programs.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Dave
Chris
#2 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 4:07:18 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Good morning Dave,

There was an issue with COM port scanning on Windows 7 with an early version of Nuno Navigator that was fixed. Can you confirm that you have the latest version of Nuno Navigator?

If not you can download it from here http://www.nunonavigator.com/Download

If upgrading does not solve your issue please send more details.

Regards
Chris

Nuno Navigator Support
Chris Johnson
Nuno Navigator Support
waterman480
#3 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 6:59:13 AM

Groups: Registered

Good Morning Chris,

Version info - Copyright © 2011 CherSoft Ltd. All rights reserved. Version 2,5,0,30 This version of Nuno was released on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Support Center says this is the current version

With AIS input disconnected, and a bluetooth gps connected, Nuno finds the port and starts normally.

Cheers,

Dave

Chris
#4 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2011 9:09:55 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Thanks for the response.

We haven't seen this problem before but will look into it. I suspect that the crash is happening within the USB driver, do you have the latest drivers installed?

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914

If you can send us any crash dump information there is it would help. It is usually located in c:\windows\minidump.
Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and send the zip file to us at support@nunonavigator.com

There will usually be an error entry in the Windows System log giving details as to the process or driver causing the crash. Sending that would also be very useful.

Regards

Chris

Nuno Navigator support.

Chris Johnson
Nuno Navigator Support