YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Lets get the ball rolling Options
RichardMc
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:45:48 AM

Groups: Registered

Ok so Nuno Navigator is beginning to attract some interest from the kind people who have taken the time to take a look at our product. We at chersoft are focused on delivering you, the customer, a navigation program which is reliable and easy to use. we are also wanting this product to be focused around you, so if you have any thoughts or suggestions we would love to hear them.
For example:
What are you initial thoughts or impressions of Nuno Navigator?
Have you had any problems when using Nuno Navigator? (unfortunately support cannot be offered in this thread, but i would still like to know of any problems so that they can be catologued)
(Bearing in mind that at the moment our release is in BETA phase and is currently the most basic it can be), what kind of features would you like to see us include in any of our future releases of nuno?

Please dont hesitate to leave your comments, even the bad ones! it will all help us to continue to adapt and build a product around you.

Richard McWhinnie
Member of the Nuno team
Chersoft LTD
Richard McWhinnie
Member of the Nuno Team
CherSoft LTD
Barry
#2 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 2:16:23 PM

The product looks and performs well...my biggest issue will be finding a daylight viewable display on a laptop/notebook/tablet. Thanks for all your work here...
RichardMc
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:30:05 AM

Hi Barry,
Thanks for the kind words. With regards to your laptop needs you may want to check out http://www.ruggednotebooks.com/ or alternatively try searching for rugged laptops in your search engine. Most rugged laptops are available now with transflective displays, this display type is much better for situations where the screen is in direct sunlight; as they use a combination of back and front lit screens with intelligent displays which alter contrast and brightness levels depending upon the amount of exposure to light. These laptops are also extremely durable and can resist many instances of water damage and accidental droppage and as such they are a perfect solution for small boat owners. Unfortunately these laptops usually come at a hefty price and so if you are not wishing to spend big then Dell have a range of laptops, which they claim have daylight viewable screens at a slighltly lower price range. These laptops can then be retro-fitted with a rugged case if you choose.
I hope this information has been helpful to you.
If you check back on the site sometime in the near future we will be posting a section dedicated to showing some of the various options for laptops, amongst other peripheral goods, which can be used in conjunction with Nuno Navigator.

Kind regards
Richard McWhinnie
Member of the Nuno team
CherSoft LTD
Richard McWhinnie
Member of the Nuno Team
CherSoft LTD
Mitch
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:42:45 AM

Hi,

I have a previous qustion posted........ looking for a windows 7 driver that will work with a Evermore SA320 GPS, but whilst I wait for any words of wisdom regarding that; I should say that I am enjoying using Nuno so far.

I have it loaded Nuno on a MACBOOK PRO but running on a windows 7 platform and as I have said trying to get the GPS to work.

One other thing I would like to know is if it is posible for the system to give you a distance total against each route? At the moment, I can see distance from waypoint to waypoint; but dificult to work out an ETA without adding them all up. Any advise wellcome......

Happy Cruising
Mitch
Chris
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:52:17 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Thanks for the question – don’t hesitate to send us any other suggestions and feedback you have.

This is one of features we’re hoping to add in the next release (or the one after that) – an overall route distance indication somehow.

We’ll also do a remaining distance to go indication for the route monitoring screen.

Regards

Chris Johnson
Nuno Navigator Support
AndyNibbs CHERSOFT
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 4:38:33 AM

New feature for Nuno 2.8 (next release, coming a few days):

The total length of a route can be found be reading the tool tip (the box of information that follows your mouse around on the chart) when your mouse pointer is over a route.

Andy
Andy Nibbs
Nuno Product Manager
CherSoft
AndyNibbs CHERSOFT
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:34:12 PM

The 2.8 release is now available for download Mitch.
Andy Nibbs
Nuno Product Manager
CherSoft
Mitch
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:14:22 PM

Thanks for including the total route distance in the latest release.

I am looking forward to using the programme in ernest in a few weeks time and will get back to you with some honest feedback.

So far so good guys; keep up the good work

Mitch
vagrantuk
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:15:22 PM

Hey up! I have updated the charts and thought I would scroll west to Ireland as I will be sailing there from the east coast of England in spring time. Typically the area I am heading for is not at all well covered. Kinsale is ok but Roaring water bay and Bantry Bay is hopeless. Nowhere near enough detail. So out with Maxi and Cmap if I want to do it electronically. Is this something that will be covered at a later date or even, is there something wrong with my download and I didn't get the full information?
On a plus note the present set up is far better than the Nuno I used last summer.
I do think though the anchor sign isn't necessarily a good symbol for overall depths on the chart. I remember when I first loaded Nuno I saw that all the detail was missing for soundings. Sure the anchor sign might have been useful if I had initially been looking at the River Deben. However I was looking at the chart half way across the Thames estuary. Anchoring was the furthest from my mind. It's all on the chart it said so after a few clicks I found it, but I didn't think it was immediately intuitive. Just a thought.
Tim
#10 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:24:46 AM

There is a lack of ENC data in that area, the paper and ARCS charts show it so the HO have it but it is not included yet. Very similar situation with marinas such as St Katharines, Brighton, Ocean Village last year but they seem to be working through it gradually.
Beardmoresam
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:09:41 AM

Hi,

Had a few ideas for improvement of overlays as I was trying out Nuno:
- The ability to change the colour and transparency/fadeout of the lines
- New line types and symbols and other arrangements for more advanced chart work (image included).

Improved manual DR and EP functions, perhaps using the tidal data from ATT should that become available?
As part of that, would be a quick way to add a non-gps fix, such as by marking fixing points during planning, then allowing the user to press a hot key or button whilst underway to bring up a manual fix dialog allowing the selecting of fixing points (drop down?) and entering bearing and/or range to generate a fix, which is then produced for the user on the chart which can be accepted as a good fix or discarded, with DR and EP being generated from the most recent good fix.

Another good feature might perhaps be the automatic plotting of limiting danger lines on the depth contour of the users choice, which can trigger a depth warning if vessel is going to go too near it.