YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Cherbourg detail Options
Scalesr1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 1:29:44 AM

Groups: Registered

I have been using the RYA Training plotter and am now seeking to purchase some real software. Looking at the Nuno Navigator, I note that there appears to be relatively little detail for the coastal areas of Cherbourg even though it is included in the UK charts.
Is there a way of obtaining more detail or is that it?
I ask as I would like to use this for planning a channel crossing in a couple of months and would like to see as much detail as possible.
I would also like to plug in an 'affordable' USB-GPS device, can you recommend anything particular and can you suggest any that I should avoid?
Alex Sharples
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 4:46:34 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Hi.

The charts that will show Cherbourg in detail will be French Charts. You can buy permits for these charts using Nuno once you have the full version rather than the trial. There is an example video of how to do this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w89mSfnWMH8.

As for a usb gps I would recommend this https://www.amazon.co.uk...page?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Hope this helps and that your Channel crossing goes well.

Kind regards
Alex
Scalesr1
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:29:42 AM

Groups: Registered

That's good news, can you advise likely cost of the chart(s) to cover Cherbourg and St Vaast?
When purchased, can I install the same licence on my desktop PC AND laptop or would I need two licences?
Alex Sharples
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:27:32 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

The full set of charts for the area would be £54.35 but you can pick and choose the exact charts you want in your portfolio to suit your needs. A chart permit lasts for 3 months and allows you to get any updates released for the chart during that time. Once the permit has expired you can continue using the Chart but you will not be able to update it any more.

You can install Nuno on multiple devices as long as it is just for personal use.

Kind regards
Alex