YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

depth readings Options
Vic
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 12:02:02 PM

Groups: Registered

There are no depth readings on the trial version maps except for white location box which can be moved anywhere. Will the full licensed version show the depth markings like NOAA maps do?
AndyW
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:05:35 PM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Press the Anchor button on the toolbar. This displays soundings and other information of particular importance when anchoring.

Incidentally, the demonstration version has all the functionality of the licensed version, except that the demonstation version will terminate after a short period. Once you have bought a license, it will run forever.

Thank you for your feedback.
Peterkins
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 12:02:04 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi

The use of the anchor symbol is a little counterintutive. I need to know charted depths when I pick my way across the Thames estuary - I certainly don't want to anchor there!

What I do find anoying is the inconsistent font size used to display charted depths and the weight of the stroke, Look near the PYE END buoy outside Harwich. You'll find font sizes varying from readable to almost invisible.

Peter

Hmmmm ... your challenge, should you choose to accept it, it to use the Nuno search feature to locate the PYE END buoy. Room for improvement methinks.
Chris
#4 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 5:46:30 AM

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Hi Peter,

Re the search function - Nuno does not currently search the full S57 data when returning results. Named Water Areas, such as SUNKEN PYE, are included but Buoy Names are not.

Font sizes for depth readings is a tricky issue. We try to retain an uncluttered display and rely on the compilation scale of the displayed ENC cell to guide the layout of the data. In the area around the PYE END buoy there are non-overlapping cells ranging from a scale of 1:45000 (GB302052) to 1:8000 (GB50302B). The intent is to indicate the presence of data at a better scale and encourage you to zoom to the appropriate scale for the data.

The alternative, to draw all the data at full size, leads to the display often being unreadable due to cluttering where the density of the readings is too great for the scale it is being displayed at.

Again, thank you for your observations. We will take them into consideration as we define the next features and improvements for the product.

Regards

Chris Johnson

Nuno Navigator Support
Chris Johnson
Nuno Navigator Support